About Me

My photo
Mabuhay! I'm an Asian American writer (Back Kicks And Broken Promises, Abbott Press, 2012), martial artist and teacher who was born in The Philippines, raised in Hong Kong and ended up in New Jersey.

02 June, 2012

Book Expo America 2012


Book Expo America (BEA) begins tomorrow with the uPublishU Conference for authors looking to self or indie publish and those who have self-published looking for promotion and platform ideas. I've been to BEA a couple of times (the first time when it was still tied in with Writer's Digest and had an agent pitch slam) and I found the conference to be worthwhile.

It's informative, supportive (from the workshops it offers and from simply meeting other authors) and a nice way to start the summer season; which, for me, is a prime time to increase my writing time. In addition to being a writer, I'm a teacher and coach (volleyball and track and field) so from August to June I've got faculty and department meetings, practices, matches and meets, assignments to create and grade, and a host of other teaching responsibilities so, needless to say, finding the time to write is about making the time to write. In the summer months, I automatically have more time available.

Unfortunately, I am unable to attend any of BEA's workshops, authors breakfasts, etc but with the new BEA streaming app I will be able to share in some of what's going on this year. You can enjoy this, too, staring on Monday, June 5th, 2012 at 8am. Click here to the Events page of my website, FilamKickingScribe, and click on the BEA button. There's one below at the end of this blog post as well.

For those of you who are going to be there live, I wish you a good time. Enjoy yourself, make connections and get your book written and published. Good luck and happy writing.




***** The live stream has been removed. Click BEA2012 to view recorded events from this year's expo. *****

No comments:

Post a Comment