About Me

My photo
Mabuhay! I'm an Asian American writer (Back Kicks And Broken Promises, Abbott Press, 2012), martial artist and teacher who was born in The Philippines, raised in Hong Kong and ended up in New Jersey.

31 July, 2013

Bamboo Martial Arts

Bamboo Martial Arts (BMA), the Taekwondo club I ran from January 2011 - May 2012, has made its final bow today. The club's Facebook page, website and Twitter accounts have all gone black. It was a pleasure and an honour to share my interpretation of Taekwondo and martial arts with the students I had. I hope they're all still training somewhere or come back to Taekwondo in the future.

For now, I will continue to train on my own and watch Taekwondo grow in my family as my son progresses at another dojang. This is a sad moment for BMA and me, personally, as a Taekwondo master and student. Thank you, though, to everyone who supported BMA and, remember, martial arts isn't about how many times you can knock someone down. Rather, it's about how many times you can get up after you've been sent to the mat.

Aim high and keep kicking!

No comments:

Post a Comment