About Me

My photo
Mabuhay! I'm an Asian American writer (Back Kicks And Broken Promises, Abbott Press, 2012), martial artist and teacher who was born in The Philippines, raised in Hong Kong and ended up in New Jersey.

21 March, 2013

Don Lee's "The Collective

The Collective: A NovelThe Collective: A Novel by Don Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Another Don Lee triumph. Not since Cormac McCarthy's "The Road" has a book brought me to tears. Perhaps it's because I am also an Asian American writer - like Joshua and Eric - but, in more ways than that, I relate to both of them that this novel simply resonated with me on every page. And the ending...Oh the ending. I won't give it away, naturally, but be prepared. My heart dropped and I felt like I was kicked in the gut and slapped in the face. Thank you, Mr. Lee for writing entertaining and meaningful books and for being an inspiration to hacks like me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment